Monday, August 21, 2006

Wow, it's beena long while, eh?

Lots of stuff going on... changes.

I found out my extension got denied. Then they resubmitted it or something and now I'm waiting approval on it. I should find out tomorrow, and I was told it was "99% likely". So now, if I find out tomorrow that I DIDN'T get extended it will be mood swings all over again. And it doesn't really help that the manager that deals with these issues apparently on holiday. Ooooh, me me.

So since Canada Day I worked a lot, went to Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Naples/Sarasota on a weekend trip with Erin, went back to PEI for Shan and Malcolm's wedding, booked a trip to New Orleans, etc, etc.! New Orleans takes place this Thursday until the following Sunday. Erin, Charlene, Derek and I booked a package on lastminute.com (I heart that website...) and got a flight/hotel combo for $190.00. Ha! I love it. Travel in the US is lovely.

My mexican roommate left on Saturday. She arrived just in April but left early as 1) she hated her job, and 2) she is going to study in Sweden for a year. I remember studying, it was... enriching. Sometimes I feel like I haven't used my brain in ages. Learn? What is that?

AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN THE FALL????!!!!!????!!!!!!

Oh, my feeble head. So lost and confused.

Oh, I finally stayed at the Polynesian Resort!!!! My happy place. I loved it. I want to live there. Stay there forever. Drinking Kona Beer on the beach singing along to Wishes, the firework show at the Magic Kingdom.

So the bad part about my pending extention? It really screws up the plans I DID make. Charlene and I were going to vacation in Florida for a week and then go on a ten-night, Southern Carribean cruise with Erin. After some relaxation, we were going to take the train back to eastern Canada stopping at various points along the US eastern seaboard.

Not sure when I'll be getting a new roommate, but I must say, as much as I miss Bere it is awfully nice to have my own room for the first time in AGES! My italian housemate left in the middle of July and was replaced with a very nice Chinese girl, Xu. I didn't really know when Miss Italy was leaving as she had been living with her boyfriend at his apartment for a couple of months. To be Frank, (although I'll still answer to Jennifer ;) ) I like it much better that way. Much, much, much better.

Anyway, I'm off. I'm actually home this evening. I was supposed to go the Magic Kingdom for one of our last hurrahs with Charlene but after both theme parking and working the past couple of days we both kind of crashed after work today. So this evening (or what's left of it before I get ready to go out) I am tidying up some and doing things I have been putting off. Jen = responsible. Almost.

No comments: